I know this isn’t style related, but I wanted to share with you my favorite healthy snack! I know some of you out there lose weight in an unhealthy way but trust me, that’s not the solution.
While you do see physical results, you are putting your body through a lot of pain internally. Appreciate what your body does for you because not everyone has the privilege to have a perfectly functioning body. So please do it a favor and eat clean (& workout) instead :) you’ll not only see a difference, but you’ll also FEEL awesome!
So without further adieu, I want to provide to you a very delicious AND healthy alternative to your meals! I present my very good friend.. the ACAI BOWL.
What you need:
- Frozen acai packs (you could get these at Whole Foods, or select grocery stores)
- Frozen fruits (I use strawberries, pineapple, and mango. But this is completely to your liking)
- Orange juice (If you don’t want to use orange juice, good alternatives are apple juice or almond milk. Juices make your acai bowl sweeter and almond milk makes it a little creamier)
- Toppings: granola, fruits (I use sliced bananas, sliced strawberries, and sliced kiwi. But again, this is completely to your liking)
- Put the frozen acai packs, frozen fruits, and orange juice (or whatever you chose instead) into a blender. Blend until it becomes smooth and thick.
- Pour into a bowl and add your toppings of choice.
I hope you will feel motivated to eat clean and workout. Be patient, keep your eye on the prize, and you’ll make it in no time. If any of you ever have questions about eating healthy (or about anything!), feel free to talk to me!